[Dixielandjazz] Changing the subject to tempo

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Sat Jun 25 09:31:30 PDT 2005

Farewell Blues and Weary Blues work at both fast and slow. The Wooden
Nickel band did a super slow Farewell on "Yeah - We Got Your Dixieland"
that I like.  Ja Da is also good both ways.

One year at Sacramento the Churchill Street Band had an early Monday
set (after way too many sets on the previous days ) -  we were really
beat. We did Milneburg Joys as a dirge and it really worked!

Dave Richoux