[Dixielandjazz] Donating Instruments

BillSargentDrums at aol.com BillSargentDrums at aol.com
Fri Jun 24 14:07:38 PDT 2005

In a message dated 6/24/2005 3:01:49 P.M. Central Standard Time,
barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

So why  on earth is it wrong to donate instruments to Schools and right to
donate  them to Churches?

The churches I cited were in poverty areas in foreign lands where there are
no music stores, where missionaries had just built the church. The last drum
set  we donated went to Peru where they had never even seen a drum set before.

The schools I cited were ones that receive no tax money support and the
parents are pay two tuitions for every kid they educate.

The school I was arguing against was in Sacramento, home of the biggest  live
jazz festival in the world and is already funded handsomely by the
government (read you & me).

You missed the fine points of difference. There is no funding problems in
government schools. Look at the administration staff, the teacher benefits
packages and the sports programs.

Bill