[Dixielandjazz] "In the Mood Sax Solo"

Charlie Hooks charliehooks2 at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 23 10:17:35 PDT 2005

On Wednesday, June 22, 2005, at 09:30 PM, Steve barbone wrote:

> Could also be that the original solo was done by two different sax
> players,
> each playing part of it.

Nope.  One guy.  He showed up here in Chicago some 20 years ago along
with Yank Lawson and some guys from The World's Greatest and sat in
with Beebe and me at "Razzles" down on Lakeshore Drive.  I couldn't
believe I was playing alongside a legend, but he played better at age
75 than he had at 20 or so on that record!   AL KLINK is his name,
and he could still do those leaps down to low Bb.  Blew me away!

Charlie Hooks