[Dixielandjazz] Re: Stephanie Porter

Bonnie Otto bonnie at hopdog.com
Tue Jun 21 08:01:10 PDT 2005

This post will definitely bring me out of "lurk mode"

I had the opportunity to work with Lance and Stephanie in April at
the revived Victoria Festival. What a blast that was! I got to know
Steph over the weekend and she is just a doll to work with. She has a
very unique voice and incredible control. Lance's group is
outstanding and I felt very fortunate to be working with them. The
Carol Channing / Liberace act is one of the funniest bits I've ever
seen. I was not made privy to what was going to happen so when it can
about, I laughed so hard I couldn't play. I hope to work with them
again.

A Lance original " Bedtime for Bix" is a "must hear". Truly beautiful.

Though it's not OKOM, do try to take a listen to Stephanie's work. In
the bevy of vocalists that is out there, she truly stands out. You
don't hear a voice like this very often. And, what a pro!
On Jun 20, 2005, at 10:57 PM, dixielandjazz-request at ml.islandnet.com