[Dixielandjazz] Stephanie Porter CD

Len Nielsen lennielsen at telus.net
Mon Jun 20 16:19:14 PDT 2005

http://stephanieporter.com/porter_reviews.html

While list mates were enjoying OKOM at the recent Sacramento Jazz Fest
Lance Buller and Stephanie Porter of "Lance Buller and the Monarchs"
fame were performing in Victoria BC at Hermann's Jazz Club with the Tom
Vickery Trio. Lance freely admits that his heroes are the 3 Louie's and
anyone who has seen his act knows that they do a lot of tunes from Louis
Armstrong, Louis Prima and Louis Jordan. They were working under a
different format here and had more vocals than usual which made it a
really entertaining night.

They did their novelty number where Stephanie sings in the style of
Carol Channing and Lance as Liberace. You had to be there!

My main point in writing is that Stephanie Porter has a relatively new
solo CD, Mood Swings which is recorded with a different group. I think
it is a great CD and showcases her warm wonderful voice and style near
perfectly.

If you want to give yourself a treat check out the above web site and
listen to the sound bites on every tune and then let the list know  what
you think. Yeah or nay. C'mon lurkers your opinion counts as much as any
of the regulars.

I have no interest of any kind in this CD other than the fact that I
think it is really good and without the backing of "big money" I think
word of mouth is very important to its success.

Len Nielsen