[Dixielandjazz] Schedule of happenings

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Mon Jun 20 11:44:59 PDT 2005

I'll be doing programs at the sites below. Listmates in the area would
be warmly welcomed.  If you've never been to the SATCHMO SUMMERFEST,
it's the least-crowded annual jazz event in N.O. It revolves around the
lectures but includes live music, jazz exhibits, a club tour,  good
food, and other features.--Charlie Suhor

Sunday, June 26--
THE JAZZ AND POETRY CONNECTION with E-K Daufin and Bobby Morgan,
Artburst Series, Unitarian Universalist Church, Birmingham, adults $8,
students $4. Original poetry with instrumental accompaniment and E-K
Daufin interpretive dance to Papa Celestin's "Marie LaVeau."

Saturday, July 7--
JAZZ AT JACK AND RON'S Piano and Video Bar, 9 p.m. till, Pensacola, FL.
I'll be sitting in all evening on drums with my son David
(piano/vocals) and Thom Botsford (sax).

Thurs, July 14--
THE JAZZ STORY--AFRICAN AND AMERICAN INFLUENCES--Lecture with CD tracks
and photo exhibit, 6:30 pm, Auburn, Ala. public library.

Saturday, August 6
SATCHMO SUMMERFEST, "The Making of the Armstrong Statue,
1969-1976,"--Lecture, 10:00 a.m., Old Mint Building, La. State Museum,
New Orleans.