[Dixielandjazz] Report from Logan, Ohio

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 20 04:45:34 PDT 2005

Hello listmates,

It's Monday morning and we have just finished the fifth annual International
Washboard Festival here in Logan, OH, home of the Columbus Washboard
Company.

Washboard players from all over the place descended upon Logan to share
their scraping skills with the rest of us. Notably among the players were:

Kaye Wade
Mike Johnson
Peter Babcock
Danni Sullivan
Jerry Gordon

Four spiffy musical groups were booked for the weekend. They were:

Bib Mama Sue Trio (Chris Calabrese and Carlos Donaho) from California
The Juggernaut Jazz Band from Kentucky
The Boondockers Jazz Band from California
The Buffalo Ridge Jazz Band from Ohio

The event was the most successful running of the affair since it began five
years ago. It was well attended by people from everywhere!

Listmate Don Ingle and wife Jean were there and it was good seeing them
again.

The music was good, the weather was perfect (no thunderstorms or high
humidity. Climate was in the 80's and the skies were mostly sunny.

Congratulations to Logan, OH for yet another fun filled musical experience
and everyone is looking forward to 2006!

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Thimbles" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com

p.s. Boondocker member, Jim Maihack, is looking over my shoulder as I write
this and he says to say hello to all of his friends.