[Dixielandjazz] Re: New Tunes for OKOM

Richard Broadie rbroadie at dc.rr.com
Sat Jun 18 15:10:40 PDT 2005

Geez, Charlie.  I didn't realize you were from down home!

I met Hubert one time in my life and in a very "downhome" situation - a
country club tennis court in the Palm Springs area.  How Down Home can one
get???  (I should point out that his racquet did have a soulful swing!)  All
he
wanted to talk about was his son Ronnie.  Talk about a doting father.

Love to play jazz waltzes and did both Jitterbug and Gravy on gig last
night.  Don't think we'd played them for many months but it just worked out
that way.  Can hardly wait to try out Young Lovers on next gig.  Of course
Green Sleeves and Favorite Things have been frequently well swung in 3 as
well as the tunes you mentioned.

Dick