[Dixielandjazz] from WWL -Vintage Jazz RadioShows

Ed Danielson mcvouty78 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 14 12:42:23 PDT 2005

I used to listen to the WWL broadcasts.  I was in high school in the mid
60s, and WWL made it into Denver pretty clearly.  The host at that time was
a guy named Harry Souchon, and I always wondered how he might be related to
Dr. Edmond Souchon (I think someone once mentioned that he was a nephew).
The show's theme song was a great version of the New Orleans tune originally
recorded by Louis Armstrong's Hot Five, "Yes I'm In the Barrel," by Tony
Parenti, and I've been looking for that record ever since.  Looking forward
to checking these out.

Ed Danielson