[Dixielandjazz] Trad (?) Bands

texasjazzlover at verizon.net texasjazzlover at verizon.net
Tue Jun 14 06:03:15 PDT 2005

	dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com
>Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Trad (?) Bands

>>From:  <texasjazzlover at verizon.net>
>>Date: Mon Jun 13 22:46:15 CDT 2005
>>To: Tim Eldred <julepjerk at surewest.net>, dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com
>>Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Trad (?) Bands
>
>>>From: Tim Eldred <julepjerk at surewest.net>
>>>Date: Mon Jun 13 22:46:15 CDT 2005
>>>To: dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com
>>>Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Trad (?) Bands
>>

>>>Regrettably, attendance was sparse.  Truly a pity.  At the Monday morning
>>>10:00 set, my wife and I were the only ones in the audience when the group
>>>arrived.

I can't speak for others who weren't there, but I can tell you that it is VERY difficult to see EVERYONE we want to see at Sacramento.  There is SO much GOOD music, that the choices are hard to make.

Personally speaking, there are certain bands we like, want to see and hear.  Since this is usually a ONETIME A YEAR thing for us (living in the Country and Western State of Texas),that drives our decisions.  AND we do prefer the traditional Dixieland-type bands. BUT we look at the geographical layout of the venues where there are bands we want to hear.  It is best to find bands within proximity to avoid wasting time.  We could ride the bus from Old Town to the Convention center, and get to the venue before it started... but spending time riding to Cal Expo, or the other hotels, just wastes time when we could be hearing music.

I wish we could have heard the Vax sets, but he is not the only one we missed that we would have liked to hear.  As written before "so many bands, so little time!"

Rebecca Thompson
Flower Mound, TX