[Dixielandjazz] Ambassador Satch - Faithful Hussar

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 13 19:46:48 PDT 2005

"Bob Romans" <cellblk7 at comcast.net>

> I have that LP too, damn near worn out...I love the rendition of "The
> Faithful Hussar"!
> I wonder why more bands don't do it? Simple chords, I know, but audiences
> would really dig I think...if done
> even remotely close to Satchmo's version!

Because they're to damn busy playing sissified OKOM like "My Canary's Got
Circles Under His Eyes" and other obscure tunes that are obscure today
because they weren't any good the first time around either.

All in order to fool the aging audience that this is indeed, "Artistic
Dixieland." Yessir, play that tune that nobody's ever heard before. You'll
get a rep for brilliance. :-) VBG.

If, as we seem to agree, that "Ambassador Satch" is GREAT, why the hell
don't more bands play with that kind of fire, energy and volume?

Cheers,
Steve Barbone