[Dixielandjazz] Out from lurking, but why??

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Mon Jun 13 11:18:12 PDT 2005

Charlie;

I don't agree with the point I think you were trying to make. So, here are
three questions for you.

As a musician, do you find as much satisfaction striving to play a great
(personal opinion) solo as some of those other clowns you mentioned like
Bunny, Artie, Coleman and others whose solos were recorded?

If so, is that the real reason you continue to play?

I wonder if Armstrong was ever disappointed that his other recorded "West
End Blues" intros did not come up to the quality of first recording of "West
End Blues" (and that was the 3rd take of the day)?

Stan
Stan Brager