[Dixielandjazz] Re: Ambassador Satch (was Out from lurking, but why??)

Coastsidegiraffe at aol.com Coastsidegiraffe at aol.com
Mon Jun 13 06:47:32 PDT 2005

Bill wrote:

But the mention of Louis 'Ambassador Satch" LP/CD caught my attention.
It was  released in Oz just prior to Louis' first visit here in 1954.
(Yep! I was there.)
That LP was magnificent then.
Still is.

As a relatively new trad-jazz fan (7 yrs or so), a non-musician, and a
definite "lurker," I'd just like to thank everyone for the comments and information
regarding recordings from the past....I read, I heed and you should see my CD
shopping "Wish List!"   I am learning so much lurking in this environment.
Karen
Pacifica, CA