[Dixielandjazz] Re: Manny Klein/From here to eternity

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Sun Jun 12 11:35:04 PDT 2005

On Jun 12, 2005, at 2:34 AM, Bill Haesler wrote:
> .
> ...PS: The Internet Movie Data Base site has been known to be wrong
> too.

As a sidebar, thanks for making me aware of the Internet Movie Data
Base. It looks like there are several versions, but the free one that I
found is

http://us.imdb.com/

I immediately clicked on "characters" and entered "Boston Blackie"
because for years I've been wondering about the greatly entertaining
and campy grade B series with the wisecracking Chester Morris--a
favorite on Saturday nights, along with weekly "chapter" serials a la
Dick Tracy when I was a kid. Voila, the list of Blackie movies came
right up. I clicked a couple of titles and found the cast, plot, and
viewer comments. Possibly, other imdb versions give more info, but this
one meets my needs nicely.

Charlie Suhor