[Dixielandjazz] Re: Manny Klein/From here to eternity

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jun 12 00:34:21 PDT 2005

Dear Anton,
I have just made an extensive Google and home file search and Manny Klein
comes up several times as being a 'trumpet player' (uncredited) in "From
Here to Eternity".
I read into this that this is in ADDITION to his acknowledged dubbed work
(for Montgomery Clift) on the soundtrack.
James Jones, author of the novel, and the film's screenwriter, is also noted
in several sources as having an uncredited 'bit part' in the film.
Burt Wilson's reply to Bob Romans' original Harry James assertion was "No,
that was James Jones".
To which Bob answered "Right! James Jones was one of the greatest...I have
all of his albums!  Bob :~)"
Perhaps Bob might like to explain what he meant.
Did Jones also play trumpet? Was it a funny, involving a play on the two
names?
Or do you think Burt and Bob 'having a lend of us', as we Aussies are wont
to say?
Maybe we are taking this all too seriously.
As we are also wont to do.
8>)
Kind regards,
Bill.
PS: The Internet Movie Data Base site has been known to be wrong too.