[Dixielandjazz] Ukelele virtuoso

Tramette89 at aol.com Tramette89 at aol.com
Thu Jun 9 09:06:12 PDT 2005

Yeah, Cliff Edwards is definately cool. :-) Seriously, his records are always
lots of fun to listen to, and there's usually some great sidemen too!

The bassist in my high school jazz band owns a ukelele. He brought it to
school a couple of times, and wanted to take a solo on it (the band director said
no). But I heard him messing around on it after practice was over--it's the
only time I've ever heard blues on a uke!

The bassist in question did have trouble holding the uke properly, since his
arms are too long. (He's 6' 4'')

Lily Korte
Canton, OH