[Dixielandjazz] Re Inventing Past Songs instead of Reprising them

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 8 19:55:14 PDT 2005

I haven't heard them yet so I have no opinion, except, to remind ourselves
that "we" are not Paul Anka's target audience. No doubt most of us would
hate the album.

I think the question is whether or not the "new audience" will like them. I
seriously doubt that Anka is targeting us old folks with an average age of
dead. As an audience, we have nothing of value to offer him.

Your ending question, "What do I know" may hold the key. It is wise to
remove our personal opinion from the marketing equation because Paul Anka
knows what he is doing and he is not doing it specifically for us. :-) VBG

Cheers,
Steve Barbone