[Dixielandjazz] Lurkers , etc

EDWIN COLTRIN boreda at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 8 16:20:15 PDT 2005

As a lurker (?), several comments

lots of information by the regulars, with many pieces of music which I had forgotten discussed.

Uke   now I can practice my Uukulele, the Hawiian copy of the Portugese guitar, and not feel like Arthur Godfrey, besides it fits my hand better than the neck of the guitar, which stretches my short fingers.

Sop sax, ouch. First heard on the HOT JAZZ CLUB OF FRANCE, circa 1940. acceptable, but when George Probert played it at Victor and Roxie's in Oakland with the Scobey band, Just didn't likre the upper register. still don't

Slainte
(Neat please)

Ye Olde Mouldy Fygge

Ed Coltrin