[Dixielandjazz] Lurkers (was Attn All Members)

EDWIN COLTRIN boreda at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 8 16:10:38 PDT 2005

as a lurker (?), I wish to offer a comment or two.

When I first heard sop sax on the records of the Hot Club of France, circa 1940's, I wasn't too impressed. When George Probert brought out the sax at Victors and Roxies, withthe Scobey band, I took a dislike to the horn, hasn't changed.

Uke, now I can practice my uukulele and not feel like Godfrey, accommodates my short fingers which get stretched to play guitar.

Slainte

"Neat, no back"

Ye olde Mouldy Fygge

Ed Coltrin
WA6FWU

Bill Haesler <bhaesler at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
Dear friends,
Time's Up!
Taking Mr Ringwald's admonition to heart, and assuming that I was one of the
"two real members & ten associate members" dominating the DJML, I have
refrained from posting to the list for the suggested two days.
And what did we get?
A few welcome lurkers, several new threads and..............
the great Bunk Johnson defamed, and what may be, a snide aurally-based
comment involving the saxophone playing of Rudy Wiedoeft, that wonderful
pioneering exponent of Mr Adolfe Sax's great 19th century invention!
And me, in self-inflicted seclusion, unable to defend either of them!!
Shame on you Mopsy and Snogpitch!
[Just kidding.]
Kind regards,
Bill.