[Dixielandjazz] Ukulele

Burt Wilson futurecon at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 8 10:58:21 PDT 2005

Bill--

I play the Uke--a Tenor Uke which John Robinson built for me (that's
between a soprano and a Baritone)--on two tunes with the Silver Dollar Jazz
Band. I use it to back Sugar Willie on "Hula Lou" and I use it with the
band when I sing "My little Bimbo." I have played the Uke since I was seven
years old and think it is one marvelous instrument. In the 50's there was a
guy in Sacramento named Joe Tatti who was a uke master and played local
scenes and county fairs and was really terrific. Want me to bring it
tonight?

I LOVE the UKE in a jazz band.

Burt