[Dixielandjazz] Portable Power

Russ Guarino russg at redshift.com
Wed Jun 8 01:21:19 PDT 2005

Sheik, [and others who may wish to know ]:

The "Power Pac" may differ only in shape, size & added functions from a portable
car jumper battery.

The unit I have is the size of a large football,  heavy, with a pull up handle, &
with two wall plug outlets, a cigarette outlet and a two prong [ male ] plug for
charging on one end. Also on this end is  an on/off switch.

On the other end is a  pump unit for inflating a variety of objects, balls,
mattresses, car tires, etc.

On one side is a slot which takes a battery jumper unit. The unit slides in the
side pocket and locks.   Red and black heavy wires about three feet long designed
to connect to battery posts extend from the base of the slot.  When not in use,
the jumper unit is kept in a special "bag" with a Velcro closure and is separate
from the power box.

Also on one end is a bright light for night time use.  On the top is a LED read
out showing how much power remains in the unit.

It comes with a wall plug extension of about four feet for charging.  It has a
trickle charger built in.  You plug in and forget it.  It will not overcharge.

The way I have been using it is to attach a plug strip and then plug in the
various amps, guitars, keyboards, mics, etc. as needed on the plug strip.  The
unit is muscular, it has taken everything I have thrown at it and handled it with
ease.

Russ Guarino