[Dixielandjazz] OKOM is alive and well in Arizona

acjspres at aol.com acjspres at aol.com
Tue Jun 7 09:23:37 PDT 2005

The new Monday Swing Night at "Hepkats" starts May  23rd!
Located in the beautiful  Historic District of downtown Mesa, this venue has
a great vintage appeal.   It has a wonderful wood dance floor, a sitting area
with plush couches,  beautiful chandeliers, and a great "swing dance" feel.
It is located at  the Women's Club of Mesa, on the NW corner of Macdonald and
2nd St.  The  cover is only  $5!

7:15-8pm  Beginning  East-Coast Swing  Lesson
8-11pm      Dance
11-???      Blues  Dancing/Swing

*Starting  in June, we will have live music EVERY Monday night with the Joe
Hopkins Band  and Guests.  Every Monday, different musicians from  around the
valley will sit in and showcase their style of swingin' jazz, making  each
Monday swing night  unique.

Last night was our  opening night at this venue....we had a great turnout and
most of the night we  had eight musicians on stage. The young kids (swing
dancers) are a blast to play  for. If any of you visit Arizona please drop in the
club on a Monday night and  join  us.

Joe  Hopkins
AZ Classic Jazz Society Vice-President
AZ Classsic Jazz Festival  Co-Director
Jazz Clarinet...52nd Street Jazz Band 602-810-5888 or  480-396-6798
_www.azclassicjazz.org_ (http://www.azaclassicjazz.org/)
_http://hometown.aol.com/glcjazz/index.html_
(http://hometown.aol.com/glcjazz/index.html)