[Dixielandjazz] Perfect pitch

LARRY'S Signs and Large Format Printing sign.guy at charter.net
Mon Jun 6 12:03:14 PDT 2005

Bill when I was investigating perfect pitch I tried an experiment on myself.
I took a tape recorder and the first thing each morning before I had been
contaminated by sounds I would sing into the recorder several notes of a
tune and the old NBC tones.  I did that for a month.  Each day recording a
small part.  Then I played them back without stopping.  I found that Most of
the time they lined up with each other although I did have variations but
they were pretty close.
I think that playing woodwinds in their various pitches may confuse your
ability to name played notes.

I have noticed about the same thing with groups singing the National Anthem
and some other well known songs.

Your observation is really clever and right on.

Larry