[Dixielandjazz] Re: Sacramento comments

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Mon Jun 6 10:10:43 PDT 2005

 Bob Williams, robert.c.williams at eds.com wrote, regarding the venues at the
Sacramento Jazz Jubilee:

> I personally dislike hotel festivals - they seem sanitized to me.  And
we are just another "convention" to them.  It's much more satisfying to
play in venues that actually like us and our music.

Also, liquor sales are an important part of the Sacramento Jubilee's
revenue, and as far as I know, hotels keep all bar income for
themselves.  And the drinks are expensive and not delivered very
friendlily.  Oh, and there's no musician discount ;-).
(snip)

For those of you who might not quite understand what Mr. Williams is talking
about when it comes to the liquor  sales:

The venues which are not located in hotels & are usually in tents, are
operated by the Jubilee with Jubilee volunteer bartenders.  Thus, the
Jubilee gets the profits from the liquor sales at those places.

 --Bob Ringwald K6YBV
Placerville, CA USA