[Dixielandjazz] Mozart Effect - Redux

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 5 05:41:43 PDT 2005

on 6/5/05 4:01 AM, Charles Suhor at csuhor at zebra.net wrote: (polite snip)
> don't have the sources on hand, but I've heard of studies done with
> other composers--and even some studies under rigorous controls in which
> some kinds of music had a salutary effect on plant growth. There's
> nothing at stake for me in the way this turns out but I admire those
> who look at new ways of thinking about how our brains and the universe
> operate.

I'm with you in agreeing that music has all sorts of beneficial effects as
well as admiring those who explore the possibilities of our world. Note the
PS attached to the first Mozart post, repeated below:

"PS. However, it has been repeatedly proven that people of all ages, who
listen to and appreciate The Barbone Street Jazz Band have better developed
brain's, higher intelligence levels and a much more satisfying sex life than
those who do not."

Of course, I have something at stake locally with this claim and might even
add "plant growth" to it. :-) VBG

Cheers,
Steve Barbone