[Dixielandjazz] The Kenny G Effect

Hal Vickery hvickery at svs.com
Sat Jun 4 20:20:49 PDT 2005

A few years ago AT&T Broadband or whoever what is now Comcast here in IL
recorded a concert by Kenny G's group from Green Dolphin Street in Chicago.
One moment caused me to laugh so hard I almost split a gut.  After one of
Kenny G's interminably boring sessions of playing scales someone in the
audience let go with a "Whoo!"  I think he was thought that's what jazz fans
are supposed to do after a great solo.  Either that, or he is the type who
could be emotionally moved by paint drying.

Hal Vickery