[Dixielandjazz] Editing recordings

Robert Smith robert.smith at mitransport.no
Fri Jun 3 14:38:16 PDT 2005

Hello Luis,

It looks as though you want to edit your recordings much more than I do. I prefer to leave the records as they are with the possible exception of altering the volume where the original fades a bit or starts too quietly. I never try to edit out noise or clicks, unless it's obvious damage on my own copy, e.g. a cracked 78.
To facilitate transfer to a CD or a MD I add two seconds of silence at the beginning of each track.
If you mark the whole track you should be able to utilise the "Effects" pull-down menu to do other types of editing, but I must confess I've not explored these.
Sorry I can't help more.

All the best

Bob Smith