[Dixielandjazz] FOR John Ding OR anyone else who uses a MINI Disc

Edgerton, Paul A paul.edgerton at eds.com
Thu Jun 2 10:30:28 PDT 2005

> We just recorded LOTS of stuff at Sacramento on the
> MINI DIsk and now I want to know how to convert it to CD.

The easiest way is to connect the line out from the MiniDisc to the line
inputs of your computer's soundcard and use your favorite audio
application to record a .wav file.  This method works well enough that
some of the tunes on my wife's commercial CD were produced this way.

If your MD recorder and your soundcard have optical connections, those
might give better results.  Some MD recorders also have a USB
connection, but none of them will allow you to do a direct digital copy
from the MD to your hard drive.

-- Paul Edgerton