[Dixielandjazz] New Orleans Stomp - (Again ...)

Robert Smith robert.smith at mitransport.no
Sat Jul 30 00:07:29 PDT 2005

Dear Bill (and Luis and Luis)

I've been chuckling to myself thinking how anybody could have a record without knowing it. I thought if I had that record I would know, then much to my amazement I found I do have it on an anonymous CD SMS 08, where it states "Licensed to Pickwick International Inc. (Great Britain) Ltd."

Anyway, Bill, you can concentrate on your other projects because here are the lyrics as sung by Louis:

Yeeeah, New Orleans,
The land of beautiful queens,
The prettiest gals you've ever seen.
They'll tell you - yackety-, yackety-, yackety-, yackety-yak.
In New Orleans (my home town, you know - spoken)
The land of the red beans.
Don't forget those ham and greens,
Down in New Orleans.

To paraphrase Peggy Lee: "Is that all there is to a song?"

Incidentally, Bill, my CD is totally lacking in information about the band, so if you do happen to have the line-up, I should be grateful for this when you have a moment.

Cheers

Bob Smith