[Dixielandjazz] from Fred Ollison - Louis' almost first all stars

Sssomi at aol.com Sssomi at aol.com
Mon Jul 18 19:24:30 PDT 2005

Gentlemen:
I am still looking for a picture of the complete group. Thanks especially  to
Bill's summary and everyone else that answered my email.  I  recently
purchased the 7 autographs of this group, signed on the matting of  a photo
supposedly taken on Dec 11, 1948 at the Chicago Blue Note.  In  the presentation folder
is a b/w 4X6 original picture taken by Richards &  Hassen (?).  The photo was
taken from the  crowd standing in front of the bandstand.  It has all  7
members of the band visible.
However, Jack's TB bell partially obscures Louis, and Barney's face is
hidden standing behind the mike.  Great picture otherwise.  Probably  unpublished.
I have never seen it before.  If there is another  picture available, like
the more well known 6 All Stars with Cozy, where  everyone is 100% visible, I
would substitute it before framing. Any more  comments would be welcomed.
Thanks to everyone.