[Dixielandjazz] Re: Oly Swenson

jeff peterson jeffdotpeterson at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 20:50:56 PDT 2005

Thanks for your replies.
It is incomprehensible to me that I can't find the
lyrics to this song on the internet.  Here is what I
recall:  (To the tune of Davy Crockett)
(the refrain)
Oly..  Oly Swenson.  King Of The Great North Woods.

Oly came from Minnesota-way, fingers like bananas and
a neck like a tree.  He tended bar at the age of
three. He was <something about his heritage>
<refrain>
Oly chewed tobacco three plugs at once, a fifty pound
bag would last about two months.  He could knock the
horns off a big bull-moose whan he let fly a squirt of
tobacco yuice.
<refrain>
blah blah blah - blah blah blah blah - blah blah blah
- blah blah blah blah.  Oly never had to shoot a
buffalo he yust knock dem silly with his lead yo-yo.
<refrain>
 What can you fill in?
Thanks again.
Jeff Peterson