[Dixielandjazz] Re: Oly Swenson

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jul 14 20:01:00 PDT 2005

Dear Paul,
You said, in reply to what I intended as a 'funny':
> Obviously a case of mistaken identity.  It is truly bizarre that I even know
what you're talking about but I will admit that my grandfather took great
delight in introducing me to that tune circa '61.  I was a very young Minnesotan
back then.
 -- Paul (He followed the herring right into the west) Edgerton<

Dear Paul,
It certainly may be a case of mistaken identity.
Sorry about that.
However, this is the entry which comes up when you Goggle "Oly Swenson, King
of the Great North Woods".
It appears to have come from the DJML Digest.
Kind regards,
Bill.

[Dixielandjazz] Computers
Edgerton, Paul A paul.edgerton at eds.com
Thu Jan 23 10:44:12 PST 2003

David Palmquist wrote:
"You haf yust received t'e "Minnesota Virus"!!!   As Minnesotans from Sweden
don't haf programming experiens, dis virus werks on t'e honour system.
Please delete all t'e files on your hard drive, then manually  forward this
virus to everyone on your mailing list.   T'anks for yer  cooperation."

What is it with you Minnesota guys? If you're going to steal something and
then distribute to the general population, at least be sure the recipe works
-- this ain't "hot dish."

Since my parents were native Minnesotans, I feel a certain responsibility to
point out that this "Minnesota Virus" is a hoax, you betcha. In the real
one, you forward the virus first, THEN delete all the files on your hard
drive.

Paul Edgerton, whose very first record was
               "Oly Swenson, King of the Great North Woods"