[Dixielandjazz] Fantastic New Source of OKOM 78's on MP3!

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Mon Jul 18 13:59:58 PDT 2005

Outstanding!! I've been wanting to get a large sample of what was going
in in the 20s in the pop realm, side by side with the development of
jazz. Interesting, just listening to a few tracks, how so many of these
bands used ragtime-based syncopations in their arrangements and played
zippy, peppy music that didn't yet break through to much use of jazz
phrasing, blue tonality, improvisation, etc. If anyone has a particular
group to suggest that's of jazz interest, other than the obvious ones
like Bix, Duke, etc., I'd be glad to get a lead on what to play.

Thanks for a great tip.

Charlie