[Dixielandjazz] Gunter/ Ringwald

PATRICK LADD pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 16 14:49:49 PDT 2005

Hi Bill and Bob,

I was just chucking a couple of prawns on the barbie last night when I     received a frantic call from my local jazz club.
    The Albion Jazz Band, currently touring the UK, was booked for the     evening and due to a misunderstanding (cockup) there was no piano. Could     they borrow my keyboard?
    Unplugged my Technics, luckily it has its own speakers and needs no
    amplifier, stuck it in the car and delivered it to a grateful Bob    Pelland who was chewing his nails while the audience got restless.
    The band consisted of Tony Pringle, Gerry Green, Jim Klippert, Bob     Pelland, Mike Cox, Mike Fay, Mike McCombe.
    I understand that Bob Pelland ran the Grand Union Dominion Jazz Band and     is well known to both of you through the Sacremento Festival. I promised    to pass on Bobs good wishes to you both. This is it.
    To anyone interested, the Technics 6000 performed well, after we had     discovered how to set up the keyboard for piano voice only, although it    could have done with a little more volume. A seven piece band and a    largish hall pushed it a bit.
    Anyway the band gave me one of their CD`s for lending them the keyboard   so I was well pleased.

   Cheers

    Pat