[Dixielandjazz] Avalon -- the verse - Same key as Chorus?

Chris Calabrese lists at jazzpiano.com
Sat Jul 16 11:03:38 PDT 2005

> Musically, it would be much stronger (and mush more conventional) if the
> verse and chorus were in the same key.  If that key is G, then the verse
> would end on a G chord, with the chorus beginning on a D7.  If we put them
> both in F, then the two chords would be F and C7.

The verse to Avalon ends on the 5/7 chord. So if the verse is in F, the last
chord of the verse is C7.

When we played it in the Churchill Street, the verse and chorus were both in
F. Here is how I remember the verse:

That's how I remember it, but it's been 10 years. I think that's pretty
close though.

~ Chris