[Dixielandjazz] Avalon -- the verse - little fishies or"flyingfishies"?

Craig I. Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Fri Jul 15 22:14:17 PDT 2005

Jim,
I sent what I had (the Anderson Book) I have not played the verse before, nor
do  I have it elsewhere. I can only say that I have found some rather odd things
in the Anderson Fake Sheet collection. It could be that the key for both the
Verse and Chorus should be the same. Many short cuts were made in producing
the Anderson book and it could be that the chorus was simply copied from another
sheet and not transposed to match the verse. I've found stranger things than that in
"Anderson"
(Dave Littlefield may be able to clear that up.)
 This splitting of tunes across pages, copying pieces a single tune from 2 different other fake books,
whilst combining 2 tunes on one of those pages is the reason that I am putting a lot
of those tunes into Sibelius and creating independent (and "whole") lead sheets for the tunes I like.

And you're welcome (re the verse to My Buddy).
CIJ