[Dixielandjazz] Armstrong Fest; seeking Floyd Levin

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Fri Jul 15 13:04:47 PDT 2005

If any DJMLers are going to the Armstrong Summerfest in New Orleans
August 5-7, I might see you there. Drop in at my session, Saturday
around 10 a.m., on the history of the Armstrong statue that's in Congo
Square. I have a batch of materials and Floyd Levin's book about the
fund-raising, etc., but I'd like to interview Floyd. If anyone has his
phone number  and/or email address, would you send me the info offlist?
Hopefully, soon, so I can start to pull all the materials together.

Also, I'll be going offlist early next week to concentrate on the Louis
research, some writing, and family visits. We're meeting in
Tallahassee--9 of the 10 kids and 8 of the 10 grands, and two of my
siblings--to celebrate my 70th birthday, the 25th wedding anniversary
of both Deborah and me and my oldest son and his wife, my daughter's
graduation from law school, and if there's still some wine in the
bottle, the feast of St. Peter Chrysologus, who doesn't get much press.

Thanks.

Charlie