[Dixielandjazz] No room for "political correctness" in jazz!

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Thu Jul 14 15:29:49 PDT 2005

Not even then Rick:

A Savvy Entertainer would certainly preface the song with and tasty
explanation of it if they know it, and
  give credit to where it is due and then render the best possible
version of the song they can.   If they can't do the song real justice
and sell the song then they have no business doing it anyway.   Not all
singers can sing all songs and do them justice but that unfortunately
does not stop many of them from singing them anyway. :))

Of course the same thing applies instrumentally as well,   just playing
the notes ain't enough, if it does not project the emotion and feeling
of the song or it ain't got that swing then it don't mean a thing and
quite possibly is politically or at least musically incorrect.

At least in my politically correct viewpoint.  :))

Tom "Alderperson" Wiggins