[Dixielandjazz] Lost Instruments

Steve & Cathy Pendleton bestofbreed at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 10 12:02:39 PDT 2005

Last weekend one of our band members had his all-brass,
one-of-a-kind, 1920's Sousaphone stolen from a basement entrance of
a swanky office building.

I have not had the opportunity to talk to him this week, so I don't
know what steps he has taken to get out the word.   He filed a
police report, of course, less than 30 minutes after it disappeared.

Anyone have ideas on who he can network with?  Is there a pawnshop
hotline (this would be the St. Louis area) or a musician's web site
clearinghouse for such occurrences?

If the thief(s) have not already melted it down to sell for scrap,
there may still be hope.

Thanks.

Steve Pendleton