[Dixielandjazz] RE: Our re-assembled band playing for free

Steve & Cathy Pendleton bestofbreed at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 10 08:02:10 PDT 2005

Hello, everyone,

I sure stirred the pot with the words, "play for free."  My comments
in yesterday's digest to the contrary, the band is not looking for
any free gig we can get.  Over-exuberance on my part, not accuracy.

Having been on the other end of the situation (years ago) where
someone willing to play for nothing bumped my group out of a gig, I
understand the other Digest writers' points.

So, cheapening the value of what we do, is not our objective.  I
fully expect that, as the group nears and enters retirement age, we
will pursue our dream of playing gigs, while supplementing our
retirement incomes.

Best regards,

Steve Pendleton