[Dixielandjazz] Making the clarinet sound like Tony Scott Artie Shaw and Lester Young

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 9 20:01:16 PDT 2005

Charlie Hooks at charliehooks2 at earthlink.net wrote:

> Also, to me, Tony Scott, since the day back in the mid 50s when I
> heard his original album, has been the guy to watch.  Many other
> players have my heartfelt admiration--DeFranco, Sam Most, Brad Terry,
> Eddie Daniels, Jack Mayheu, Chuck Hedges, Pete Fountain--but Tony
> Scott always had the sound, the Artie Shaw (my main man!) feel, that
> nobody else has ever had.  I've no idea what he is doing in Italy
> now, but it's a grand place and I hope he's well.

Oh Oh, here's more Charlie and I agree about. Tony Scott. Brush up on you
Tony Scott knowledge by visiting the below "official" site.

He has been in Italy for decades, loves it there, is much adored by the
locals, classical and jazz musicians/fans alike, in Rome where he lives
happily with his wife. He is partially bald, has long white hair, is 80+ and
still teaching. Our bass player, Ace Tesone, visited with him in 2004 . . .
as did Evan Christopher in 2003.

Tony Scott is playing classical & avant garde. What he wants, for those he
likes, when he wants. What could be sweeter?

http://www.tonyscott.it

Cheers,
Steve (met him when he played OKOM) Barbone