[Dixielandjazz] Re: Lyrics "It's The Animal In Me".

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jul 8 22:59:29 PDT 2005

Dear Lily,
Eureka!
I KNEW that I had Ethel Merman's version of "It's The Animal In Me" -
somewhere.
Just found it, on a 1967 Columbia LP (filed alphabetically under C),
featuring Ethel Merman, Lyda Roberti and Mae West.
Ms Merman's "The Lady In Red" is also on this LP.
The lyrics contain the "woof woof" words you mentioned which, as I thought,
are not the ones suggested by Robert Smith.
Give me a day and I will transcribe them for you.
Kind regards,
Bill.