[Dixielandjazz] Left Bank Bearcats

Ed Danielson mcvouty78 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 5 10:12:39 PDT 2005

Years ago, I picked up an LP called "The Left Bank Bearcats Take George M.
Cohan to Dixieland" in a cut-out bin for something like 79¢.  I have no idea
what happened to it, but I remember it being pretty good.  I think the tunes
included "Mary's a Grand Old Name," "H-A-double R-I, G-A-N" and "Yankee
Doodle Dandy."  I was convinced the band was French, but this website shows
two LPs by this band, including the Cohan:

http://www.bsnpubs.com/miller/transworld.html

The label refered to at this website was based in Philadelphia, giving
credence to Ed Metz' posting.

There are currently six Bearcats LPs for sale on E-Bay, none of them the
Cohan.

Ed Danielson