[Dixielandjazz] Yacht club swing

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Mon Jan 31 20:45:32 PST 2005

Shocking as it seems Anton:

we also have a Yacht Club in Walnut Creek  :))

An excellent Sea Food restaurant, but the closest Yacht would be about ten
miles away in a harbor near the entrance to the outlet of Walnut Creek.

Also the new Bing Crosby restaurant in the same city has a sign posted that
attire is Country Club mandatory.  This means slacks and alligator insignia
shirts for the men folk and dressy for the ladies, and if you come unprepared
they do have "appropriate shirts" at the entrance to loan you for seating.  They
also sell their own brand of them at the gift counter should you not wish to
wear one worn by someone else.

How very very Sheik Dahling :))

They also have an entertainment director who personally selects the vocalist
to sing with the pianist at the piano bar.

I have been trying to get them to hire The Bob Crosby Bob Cats but so far
they are convinced that they are doing well with their My Funny Valentine singers
and a syrupy pianist.

As Steve and I like to call them the unwashed public with more money than
experience set.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins