[Dixielandjazz] Bill Allred Status
Robert S. Ringwald
robert at ringwald.com
Mon Jan 31 10:11:54 PST 2005
This from Bob Cook:
Dear Friends of Bill,
Many of you ask me from time to time what is the
latest word on Bill. I rec'd an E-mail from him today. The following are
the things he told me:
1. He will miss playing The Central Illinois Jazz
Festival in Decatur this next weekend. His
chemo treatment schedule would have
precluded it anyhow. He has been
quite busy lately in Orlando with shows between
chemotherapy sessions. Today he was not feeling
so hot. He just had three shots of a special
medicine to raise his white blood cell count. He
continues to have good days and some bad days.
2. As part of its annual Midwest tour, the BACJB
will be playing in the park in Orion, IL on Monday
June 20th. Bill hopes most of his Quad City friends
will be there. It is the only gig it will play locally
this year. Bill plans to buy ads for this gig
in both the Bix and Catfish newsletters. I know he
will also appreciate all of us QCA people
spreading the word via word-of-mouth and E-mail.
3. He's quite proud of his brand new band trailer.
4. Son John is currently in Australia touring with
Harry Connick Jr. They are keeping in touch by E-
5. Bill asked me to say "hello" to our friend Jim
Maihack while I'm at the Decatur jazz fest.
6. Despite his health concerns, Bill is starting to
think about a new CD by the band.
7. Despite feeling so bad right now, he continues to
keep a positive attitude, and says he is quite
satisfied with his treatment and medical team.
8. In addition to the E-mail from Bill today, I talked
briefly with him on the phone, and have his
permission to send this message to you. He told
me to please say "hello" to all of you for him.
He appreciates all the supporting contacts he has
rec'd from his friends from (literally) around the
9. My suggestion is: If you haven't written to him yet,
do it now. If you have before, do it again.
Sincerely, Bob Cook
--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
Placerville, CA USA
More information about the Dixielandjazz