[Dixielandjazz] FW: The Aviator Movie Soundtrack

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Jan 29 13:31:32 PST 2005

Dear friends,
This information from Denis King and the Australian Dance Bands list.
A new 18-track Columbia CD 93628.
Missing below is "Nightmare"...Artie Shaw (track 12).
Kind regards,
Bill.

Hello Everyone,
Attached is the soundtrack listing to the movie "The Aviator" to be released
in Sydney, early February 2005

1. Shake That Thing.....  Vince Giordano & His Nighthawks
2. I'll Build A Stairway To Paradise .... Rufus Wainwright
3. Somebody Stole My Gal...The Original Memphis Five
4. Fireworks....The Original Menphis Five
5. Thanks...Bing Crosby With  Jimmy Grier & His Orchestra
6. Happy Feet...Manhatten Rhythm Kings
7. After You've Gone....Loudon Wainwright 111
8. Moonglow....Benny Goodman Trio
9. I Can't Give You Anything But Love....Django Reinhardt
10. Ain't Cha Glad...David Johansen
11. Nightmare....Artie Shaw & His Orchestra
12. Stardust...Vince Giordano & His Nighthawks
13. Do I Worry....The Ink Spots
14. I'll Be Seeing You....Martha Wainwright
15. Back Beat Boogie...Harry James & His Orchestra
16. Moonlight Serenade...Glenn Miller & His Orchestra
17. Howard Hughes....Leadbelly

PS: Tracks 1 & 12 feature our listmate Vince Giordano who I believe appears
in this movie?

And this reply from 'Bix-man' Albert Haim:
Indeed, Vince Giordano's Nighthawks are seen in the film as the house
band at the recreated Coconut Grove. In one scene, a trio sings "Happy
Feet." Vince is the guy in the middle. Vince and his fellow musicians
do a magnificent recreation of the music of the 20s and 30s.

If you live near New York City or visit the big apple, I would highly
recommend that you come on a Monday or Tuesday. That will give you an
opportunity to see the fabulous Nighthawks LIVE.

Vince Giordano's Nighthawks appear on Monday and Tuesday 8:30-11:30 pm
at Charlie O's Times Square Grill, Broadway and 49th.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/pKxVKC/UOnJAA/n1hLAA/IyJolB/TM

                "Lets Face The Music And Dance"
Yahoo! Groups Links