[Dixielandjazz] Bill Haesler

Nancy Giffin nancyink at ulink.net
Wed Jan 26 17:06:07 PST 2005

From: "George Thurmond" <gmthur at delrio.com>
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Bill  Haesler

<   Let me be quick to add my congrats to our listmate
<   on his being awarded the OAM...

Not so fast , George, me mate.
I have my suspicions about this, and my concerns were raised even further
when this "Bill Haesler" entity recently posted detailed info on a series of
recorded Jess Stacy piano solos with Benny Goodman.
Just who IS this "Bill Haesler"? Is he man or machine? How could a human
conjure information so quickly? Oh sure, many of you claim to have met him
and sipped suds with him in person, but how do I know you're not just making
this up? I mean, look at some of his posts; can you really tell me he's not
a "jazz mainframe," transmitting data from an undisclosed locale?

(All in fun, of course, dear Bill. Congratulations, and do we really get to
call you "Sir William"?)

Love and hugs,
Nancy

P.S. Thanks, Anton, for letting us know.  Hey, has anyone actually met Anton
in person? He's another one I'm suspicious of. ;-)