[Dixielandjazz] RE: "MARDI GRAS: MADE IN CHINA"

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 26 15:10:57 PST 2005

Mike Logsdon sez to me (about Mardi Gras:Made In China):

>Mr Gunter!  Such hooey from your fingers!  Mardi Gras beads is more
>ON-topic that much of what passes for on-topic in this list!,

Mardi Gras beads MAY be on topic.  I seem to have deleted the original
message that started this.

Will someone resend it to me.

A discussion of the working conditions in a Chinese factory may be a bit
afield from OKOM.

Was there something in the original message to which I sort of objected that
dealt with ANY aspect of OKOM? If so, will someone point it out to me.

The use of the words "Mardi Gras Beads" may be a rather tenuous link to
OKOM. The subject (see subject box above) "MARDI GRAS: MADE IN CHINA" is
actually the title of a documentary film at the Sundance film festival which
dealt with the terrible working conditions in a Chinese factory.

So, if my comments are "hooey" as suggested by Mike L. will someone please
point out to me the salient references to OKOM in the body of the original
post under this same subject!

Thanks in advance,

Bill "I love Mardi Gras Beads" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com