[Dixielandjazz] Swiss Cris and more on J S Bach

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Tue Jan 25 08:33:37 PST 2005

>Geo. Thurmond wrote:
>        I've got a copy of his Swiss Cris diet somewhere.  Nobody, but
nobody, could promote a laxative as well as he could.  Makes you want to run
out and buy and try some!

FYI-- a couple of years ago I went to the health food store here in
Pensacola and saw that Louis' favorite laxative is still for sale.  Was
tempted, but praise the Lord, I resisted taking some in memory of the great
trumpeter!
More on JS Bach-- this is not original with me.( Even if it were, I'd be
ashamed to take credit)
The story goes that the reason ol' JS had so many children was that he took
a break from composing and came home each day for lunch.
The missus decided to put a stop to it and began to pack his meal each
morning.

Hence, that's the origin of the Bach's Lunch!

Norman Vickers, Pensacola
City of 14,000 Blue Roofs