[Dixielandjazz] Theory question

LARRY'S Signs and Large Format Printing sign.guy at charter.net
Mon Jan 17 22:04:10 PST 2005

This may exhibit my ignorance of music but that's a term I have never heard.
There are "passing tones" and "passing chords" but I have no idea what a
"guide tone" is.  It sounds something like how I remember a tune.  I
remember the first note of the tune and the first note of the bridge and
everything else falls into place and I think of them as sign posts or guides
but that's my own personal thing and not in the books.

What's the example?
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Ken Gates" <keng at iswest.com>
To: "Dixieland Jazz" <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 11:29 PM
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Theory question

> I have a question regarding "guide tones".  How they are
> useful etc.  Off list, of course.  Boring subject for most.
> Anyone?   (I do have a specific example).
> Ken Gates
> keng at iswest.com
> _______________________________________________
> Dixielandjazz mailing list
> Dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com
> http://ml.islandnet.com/mailman/listinfo/dixielandjazz

More information about the Dixielandjazz mailing list